Hiring a reliable plumber is a big deal that should not be taken lightly. After all, you would not want just anyone to handle some of the most important parts of your home. Getting the wrong man for the job could possibly result in plumbing disasters that are costly and dangerous.
If you have no idea how to choose the right plumber, here are some tips for you to consider:
- Is he certified to do his job? It is certainly a gamble to hire someone who only claims to be skilled in a trade but could not provide any proof that he is certified to perform it. Certified plumbers are committed to providing you with the best service they can because they have a name to protect and a reputation to uphold.
- Make sure he is insured. Having an insurance will protect the both of you in case of any injuries or accidents happening while on the job.
- How long has the company been in business? This is of course applicable to contracting companies that dispatch plumbers. Why is it important to know about the company as a whole? A reputable company that has lasted for years will not ruin their name by hiring someone whose work is substandard. If the company has been operational for years, that is a sign that they have proven the quality of their work.
- If you ask a prospective plumber for a references, he should be more than willing to provide you. If for some reason he cannot, go and move on to the next candidate.
- His cost estimates should not be too far from what others had given you. Too low a price could mean he either uses inferior materials or he knows that the quality of his work does not deserve a higher rate.
- An excellent plumber should be able to offer guaranteed work and parts, too. Similar to your need for references, if the plumber refuses to provide you with a warranty, consider someone else who could. There are many warranties that can cover a plumber’s work for at least up to a year.
It may seem challenging to get a plumber whose qualifications meet your standards. To make it easier for you, call a trusted company like Hayes Plumbing who has been trusted for years by countless customers. We will make sure to send the right man for the job!